Sunday, March 23, 2008

Peel an Egg

'Peel an Egg'

It is just a coincidence that
I am typing this on Easter.
I have been going to tell you
for over a week.
I am always looking for an easier, faster
way of doing things and have been working
on this for years. I have heard that old eggs
peel easier than fresh eggs, 
(who wants to eat old eggs?) 
that putting vinegar in the boiling
water will help peel them, 
Cutting them in half and scooping out
the egg works, (eww, shells)
and leaving them out
for 24 hours before you
boil them, all, will
make them easier to peel.
(who can remember to do that?)
Anyhow, I finally figured it out.
Peel away a spot
on your hard boiled egg about
the size of your entire thumb nail. 
(works best in
the center area of the egg)
Then gently but firmly
press that flesh of the egg
with your thumb. This
will make the entire membrane 
pull away from the
egg and the shell will pop off easily.
(almost in one piece)  
It takes a little practice, but it is worth it.
Kes

Tip: I boil my eggs on high heat, just barely
covered with cold water for 22-24
minutes depending on the size.
When the timer rings, cover with
cold water and peel as soon as possible.

No comments: