Monday, April 19, 2010

"The Rickety Old Wagon of Life"



"The Rickety Old Wagon of Life"


The wagon started out new

Built strong and stable

With wheels so big and solid.

Two happy young kids at the reins

Blue skies, those were the days.

The road was rough but we could

Take the rocks and bumps.

Even laugh about them.

The wagon rattled along

Soon, Pots and Pans and Kids

In back

Making noise and laughing

Three in all

My partner held the reins

but I didn't mind

Until one day

a whore riding a filly

rode by.

The horses snorted and hurried

along

My partner went with the whore.

I took the reins for four long years

The road was very bumpy and

People jeered at times

and knew I was alone.

I became strong and showed them

who was in charge

They backed off.

A new partner came along

and took the reins so I

could relax or so I thought

but new problems came with

and the old wagon strained under

the weight .. the wheels squeaked

and the children sassed and

the pans kept rattling.

When things got bad

he handed me the reins

for I was strong and got the

wagon back on the road.

The kids grew up and left for awhile

Just as my new partner found a

whore filly too

He left and came back..I let him

take the reins because I was so tired

by now.

Soon lots of children appeared in the

back of the wagon again..

They were fun tho, not like mine

all worry and work.

The pans rattled.

I could feel the cart slowing down..

soon they added children and started

sassing me besides.

Expecting an old woman driving

a wagon part time could still be young

and strong and help them.

My partner got stronger and younger..

The pans rattled.

I kicked some of the impossible ones

off of the cart...they were suffocating me.

Now my bones rattled worse than the pans

or the wagon

All were amazed that I became mean and ugly

and seemed devoid of love.

I had to, they were killing me.

The wagon would have fallen apart but my

partner kept fixing it. He was kind to me in

spite of my constant ridicule and complaining.

I guess to make up for his discretions..what does

it matter?


I was in constant pain and felt my mind cracking

The wagon was a mess. I didn't care. Only a few

riding with and they kept quiet and played nicely.

Sometimes I pee in the wagon, when I cough or get

up too fast. I can't even lift the reins. The pans don't

rattle much anymore and I am grateful for that.

I see a graveyard up ahead

and am anxious to lie down.

It looks so peaceful there.

It is calling to me.



Kesti©2010

No comments: