Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cooking Fail


Cooking Fail

OK...I seldom make an error in cooking as I have
been cooking since I was five...That was 72 years
ago.
Today I was going to make my favorite chocolate
chip cookies. Usually I use room temperature butter
but since I was in a hurry and I hadn't remembered to
take it out, I melted two sticks in a pan. Forgot to
turn the fire off and I had some red hot butter but it
hadn't scorched. (first miracle).
So in order to cool it off, I decided to add the white and the brown
sugar to it. Hmmm...that wasn't a good idea as it kinda crystallized.
Ok...moving forward I mixed the two eggs, salt, baking powder and
soda and vanilla in another bowl. (I never follow mixing directions)
By then, the butter had cooled pretty much so I added it to the egg mixture.
Then I added 3 cups of oatmeal flour. Oh boy...the batter didn't look right.
I added one cup of white flour and the batter still didn't look right so I added
an extra cup of oatmeal flour. Now it was really hard to mix but I persevered
and added the chocolate and pecans. I was thinking I was wasting a lot of
expensive ingredients. The cookies looked very shiny...(greasy) but I popped
them into the oven for 16 minutes.
VIOLA...they turned out better than ever. Can you believe it?

Lesson....never give up until the "fat lady BAKES"
:)


Kes~May 11, 2011


No comments: