Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Make your own Herbal broth


Make your own Herbal broth

I always buy whole chickens
already baked.
I remove the white meat and then
boil the skin, bones and the rest of the
meat to make a broth or chicken soup base.
(I throw the rib carcass away)

To the six quarts of water I use
to boil the three chickens,
(once strained)
I add the following for the best broth ever.
This is even delightful to drink by itself.
Strain boiled chicken, cool and pick off
best small pieces of meat.
Add the good pieces of meat back into
broth after straining.
Then add:
2 Tablespoons dried chives
2 Tablespoons Sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons dried Parsley
1 tsp Poppy seeds
2 teaspoons dried cilantro
1 tsp chia seeds
Put in broth and bring to boil for about five minutes.
I freeze it in pint freezer seal pak bags.
Ready to use for veggie or noodle soup.
Delicious!



Kesti16 2011


No comments: