Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gold in a Bowl


Gold in a Bowl

It is boring
Swimming around 
In here.
Sometimes I go
One way,
Sometimes another.
All I do is eat.
Four or five times
a day.
Flakes on top 
of the water.
I eat every one of them.
Yes, I do.
This bowl is getting 
Smaller.
"DAMN IT"
I learned that word
From a deep voice
I hear a lot.
I also hear, 'You and 
that damn Goldfish!"
I wonder what 
that means?
I try to sleep 
at the bottom,
But that sound 
always wakes me up.
I had a friend for awhile
We used to race
around in here
until we were dizzy.
One day she went 
to the top 
Upside down.
Soon she went straight
up and out.
I think she went to heaven.
I see blurry colors
And smell
strange things at times.
Oh My God, I feel
something chasing me.
Yikes, I am flipping 
in the air.
I can't breathe.
Ohhhhhh
Now I am in a 
strange place.
It is huge, I see 
a friend too.
The deep voice is saying,
"There, Are you happy now?"

Why, Yes, I am.
Thank you very much!

Kesti©June 2008

No comments: