Wednesday, September 5, 2007

~More on Words~

I told you what I think of the word Blog....Now I want to complain about the Kudos word.
I know what it means but I still think it sound like a male Cootie.  Words have a strong effect on my nervous system.  .  I know a girl who says her skin crawls when she hears the word "fresh".
Now she has put that into my brain.  The word doesn't bother me, yet, whenever  I hear  it,  I remember how it makes her feel.
Humongous  is another word that sends me up the wall.  I can hardly type it and now I feel sick  to my  stomach.  
    It still irritates me that they now pronounce strength..strenth...I always think they have a lisp.  What was wrong with the g sound?  Strength with a g sounds strong.  Strenth sounds like a   weakling by comparison.   They should never change the pronunciation of words.  Isn't learning them once, enough?   Who decides to do that?  I  would like to give him a "Fresh" Humongous
Cootie!

Kes

No comments: