Thursday, November 8, 2007

'Why Open the Door?"



'Why Open the Door?"

Could someone please tell me why people
open
their doors to strangers?
Is there a law I don't know about?
There are so many women being attacked
and
the women open the doors to them. WHAT?
If you are alone, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR.
If it is a delivery, tell them to leave it
or if they need a
signature, come back another time or pick it up at your
convenience. Take time to call
the gas company or anyone
Coming without an order from you and make sure they are in
a vehicle with the name of their
company on it.
Even Police...call and see if they have
a reason to be there.
If I sound paranoid, GOOD, I am.
Stop thinking..."OH, it could NEVER happen to me!"
YES IT CAN!
Intercoms are inexpensive
to talk to people on the
outside of your home.
BE SAFE!

Kes

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm always amazed by this too. The thing that worries me more than the safety aspect though is how suseptable people are to scams. Especially the elderly. It seems I hear once a week about an old lady letting someone in her home to scam her out of money.

Anonymous said...

I think some older people are lonely and or forgetful and may think the investment sounds good. They should go by the principle that if they aren't shopping for it, they don't need it. Scam artists have taken billions from susceptible people for ages. Truly a shame. Thieves now want people to be home so they can make them tell them where the "goodies" are hidden. When you open the door to someone, one push on your chest and you fall back, the intruder comes in, and even if a neighbor were watching, he may not know you are in danger. Be Careful