Friday, December 12, 2008

My Strange Dream

My Strange Dream  


   I haven't been writing stories lately 

but I had this dream over four days ago

and it keeps hanging in my memory. 

 Maybe writing it down will make it go away.

It started with me being in a huge old cathedral

 with lots of people milling around and everyone was upset

 and watching as if something terrible

 was about to happen.  Many were praying but I somehow knew

 that their prayers would not be answered 

unless the five huge copper kettles

 that were suspended from the high ceilings were cleaned and washed.

I put my cleaning supplies and my hand bag in a corner,

 all the time worried that someone would take them

 but knowing I had no choice.  I found a ladder

 that was 75' high and started  climbing up to get

 the first copper kettle.  (I am afraid of heights and was 

aware of that as I climbed up the ladder)

  I unhooked the first kettle and somehow carried it down the  ladder.

I washed it kneeling on my knees and was surprised 

that the concrete floor didn't feel cold and didn't hurt my knees. 

 When I was finished I moved the ladder to the next 

copper kettle and proceeded to climb up to get it.  

In order to unhook this one, I had to lie on the top of the ladder 

with my back centered on it so I wouldn't fall

 and when I unhooked it, the weight was on my stomach

 and I just lay there wondering

 how I would get my feet on the ladder steps.

Somehow I managed to get it down

 and began to clean it.  After both were clean, 

I looked at the other three kettles and they were a lot higher

 than the ladder could reach.  I spotted a man who looked like

 a construction worker and told him about my problem

 and asked him if he could get the other three kettles for me.  

He looked doubtful until I told him I had gotten 

the first two down by myself. Then he said,

 "Sure, I will get them for you."  By the time I got back to the place

 where my two clean kettles were, he had already gotten them down

 and had set the three dirty ones inside of the two clean ones. 

(they all fit together  which also seemed impossible) 

I was a  little upset about that,

 but proceeded to take the dirty

 ones out and polished and cleaned all of them. 

 I noticed that my hand bag was still where I had left it.

  I was relieved to have the task finished. 

 Then I woke up. 

 I have no idea what that dream signifies but 

I have just recently started getting well from a bad flu germ.

  I hope I now can forget about that dream.


   Kes

1 comment:

fawndear said...

I thought that was a beautiful dream. I can never remember my good dreams only the nightmares.
Maybe it's about overcoming obstacles, even though they are hard, they are worth it.

Thank you for checking out my blog and linking me. That was really sweet of you. I love making new bloggy friends.