Monday, July 23, 2007

~ Clothes Dryers can be Dangerous!!

   

    I recently spoke to a friend who said she burned her finger on her clothes dryer.  I said, "How did you do that?  She said she reached in for her clothes and burned it.  
     I said, Oh My, that means your dryer is clogged with lint and you have to  clean it out.  She said it  had been taking ages for her clothing to dry so I knew that was the problem.  I read about one person who put a basket of laundry on the table to sort and fold .  She went  upstairs for a glass of water and it ignited and started the house on fire.  There was a lot of damage.  
    When you notice that your dryer is taking longer than usual to dry your clothing, check the lint trap inside of the dryer.  (Not just the one you should clean after every use)  Most can be vacuumed out with a  hose.   

Kes © 2007
See above link for Tips on dryer care.

No comments: