Friday, July 20, 2007

~Paying For Working Out ~

     OK...now I will make lots of enemies.  I think paying to workout is a big waste of time and money.  If you are going to  a fitness center to  meet people and show off your body, hey, that is OK.  but working out for any other reason to me, makes no sense.  First of all, repetitious movements are very hard on your body.  If you want to "get a workout", look around and do something that needs to be done.
How long has it been since you vacuumed all of the millions of dust mites from your mattress and box spring?  Or cleaned the inside windows of your car?  I can find a million chores to do if I want some exercise.  If your home is in perfect order, (and your yard,  garage and car),  there are plenty of places you could do charity work or help clean up the environment
     When I look around my world and see all that needs doing, and then I picture thousands of people running on treadmills at  fitness centers, I wonder what a strange group we are becoming.  
      I once read about a guy who watched as joggers pounded by on the pavement next to the park bench he was sitting on..  He wondered why they were so anxious to wear out their bodies.
     Our joints can only take so much wear and tear from constant pounding .  Doing variety chores will not only keep you fit, but will give you the satisfaction of a job well done.
    I have heard people say they get a "high" from their workouts.   I think the "high" comes because they know it is finished for the day.  
I get a "high" when the house is spotless, the last dish put away, and I can relax!
      If I need an extra "work out" the kitchen floor can always use a scrub and polish.
The weeds in the yard are always willing to keep me busy.  Spiders in the basement weave their works of art and need upgrading.  Dust balls are somehow multiplying under the bed.  Laundry is never ending.  There is that new recipe in my head that needs some attention.  
I could make a very long list.  If you need a work out, make a list, set the timer for how long you think you should "work out" and see what a real "high" feels like!

Kes© 2007

     Just so you know, I don't mean working out and body building  isn't necessary for those in a profession where they need muscles to protect themselves because of their profession and enable them to follow their profession.   

No comments: