Sunday, July 8, 2007

"LIFE"


Life is so interesting, isn't it?  The internet makes you realize how vast and how

fascinating it is.  Millions of people all over the world able to express themselves

to strangers in the middle of the night or whenever.  The biggest exchange of ideas 

events, opinions, ever available to the masses.

Sharing photos, feelings, recipes, formulas, patterns, new ideas, old fashioned ways, it is all out there, waiting to be scooped up and used. 

Yes, we do lose something in the mix, contact time with people in the "flesh" so to speak.  Have you noticed that once you establish a lot of contact with a person 

via emails, it is hard to communicate with them in person?

That is a strange phenomenon that I recently experienced. We just look at each 

other and can't think of anything to say.  Then back to emails and we are 

"in the groove" again.  

Are we becoming robotic?  I have heard it said that emails depersonalize people.

That you have to be careful of what you say, because voice intonations insure that what you are saying won't be misinterpreted.  

Some people actually hate getting emails.  It is like a duty that you have to perform and you really don't want to.  You end up being angry at people who send you too many and they have no clue what they did wrong.  They should make a program that sends your letter back saying, this person has a bad case of emailitis and is taking a vacation from all emails.  Of course that would mean no one will be able to contact you either without a secret code or some such thing.

Soon it will be considered elite to refuse emails and then the fad will burn out and 

fail except for a few very lonely people who find each other and continue to enjoy postage free mail.

Remember snail mail?  Oh Nooooo.  Writing letters by hand?  I used to do a lot 

of it and I can honestly say, I wouldn't go back to that ever!

Phoning on the cell phone gives me a headache.  I think I am radio active from it.

My eyes hurt when I use the cell. 

I think it is time for us to study mental imaging and sending our thoughts.

The only trouble with that, is that, then people would really know what you were thinking about them and at times that would be a problem.  It would mean we 

all would have to "clean up our act" and be positive and think what that might do to the world!!  

I have the ability to love someone with all of my heart but when they insult me 

deliberately or accidentally, it doesn't matter.  For a time I will say some very

critical  things about them.  I suppose I am the only one who does that , huh?

I think it is called the "escape valve" in action, but if you could read minds and send thoughts, how would that "wash"?

Would all the Saints who don't do that please write to me?

I only know for sure what goes on in my own head.

(well actually I am not too sure about that some days)

In the mean time, I am sending all of you thoughts of good health, happiness,

success, and love of God and nature.  :)


Kes © 2007

2 comments:

Kes said...

Is the text big enough for you?
I told you the cell was affecting my eyes!

Kes

Jamie said...

Boy i hope one of those people wasn't me.. Although my email box does have 25 unawnsered emails.. and who knows how many my myspace has!