Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"Fourth Of July"

People were celebrating early in my neighborhood, and they didn't quit until 3:00 AM, so I am really tired today. I was sure a bomb had hit our house one time. I sat up straight in bed, then checked the house. I don't like the fireworks as I almost got hit in the eye one year in the parking lot near where the big event took place. A child threw a lit firecracker out of the window of his parent's car as I walked past and it nearly hit me in the eye. I heard that "sparklers' are hotter than road flares, yet you see little tiny children holding them. I think we should celebrate by planting trees to help with air quality. I know, it is tradition and it makes a lot of money for some in the business, but it is also dangerous and many get hurt each year. Yep, I am a Fourth of July Party Pooper. :(
Kes ©2007

Go here to see fireworks!
http://www.capecodphotoalbum.com/falfw.mov

No comments: